Thinking about the money....

Discussion in 'General' started by Zemerion, Sep 9, 2017.

?

What do you think the currency should be?

1. Fiat!

2. Lapis!

3. Gold!

4. Diamond!

5. ...exp!?

6. Other! please explain your choice below!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zemerion

Zemerion New Member

This isnt Whotton's poll. Keep that in mind; But as we do, we can at least get a precursor to how everyone's gonna think when he does put his poll up. I create this because I didn't see the poll up yet, and it's an opportunity to show a result ahead of time. that, and to open a dialogue up for it a little further so that it can remain seen in the forums what people think about it. I know we've discussed it several times in game, and undoubtedly in discord, but why not one for the archives at the very least, should we have to change currency again.

My vote is obviously going to be as general as it is biased. I'm a lapis man. Gold is easy, and lessening the value is lessening it's usefulness. I'm all about how useful something is. I know minecraft can also be a game of expressing beauty and art via installations of various creations, but the survival is the more enticing of the two purposes to me. I mention this because if money isn't useful, it's not worth collecting to me. Diamond is valuable, but not as valuable as some might make it seem, due to it's ability to be maintained by mending. That, and its prone to overpopulation too quickly, forcing the issue back to square one, not having a currency. That brings my explanation to Fiat, though my response is basically the same. No worth, no interest. you might as well collect air in a jar and sell it. people do it, but only for the novelty, not out of worth, and novelty wears out fast. Gold, simply cannot be. Mesas make gold an impossibility, even at pennies on the dirk. bringing the money down in value doesn't make anyone want it more. it just makes them need to do more work to get what they already had in the first place. and in the face of mesas, it wouldn't take long, either. Exp is something everyone can have, thanks to /bottle, and it's the last choice on my made up poll because it was something i thought of at the last moment. everyone can make it, albeit too easy, much like the mesas except everywhere, which means minimizing the price of it's the only way. I've also heard of many more interesting types of currency ideas. Please feel free to share them. that's the Other option.

may this shed some light on the issue if for nothing else, the future times of currency selection on the server.

Zerinna likes this.
  2. whotton

whotton Admin Staff Member

whotton
    Good post, I appreciate this. I'm swinging between Lapis economy and simply p2p trading at the moment as to which I feel is best. But ultimately this is a server wide discussion and decision.

Zerinna and Zemerion like this.
  3. Zemerion

Zemerion New Member

I 100% agree with this statement, and encourage the entirety of the server to participate.

Zerinna likes this.
  4. Oniisa

Oniisa Patron

Oniisa
    lapis seems fair, tbh i dont care which one is picked, unless the end result is nerfing something or removing something from the game, thats when i vote against it. we shouldnt have to remove something from the vanilla mc just to make the currency worth something.

5. PetBunny

PetBunny Patron

PetBunny
    ive voted for lapis, as i feel anything else will quickly break and i already have so many diamonds idk what to do with them >.< im buying gold, for diamonds lol

6. TheElvenSamurai

TheElvenSamurai Patron

TheElvenSamurai
    Citizen
    I'm also going with Lapis.

7. TheWritersMind

TheWritersMind New Member

TheWritersMind
    Citizen
    I also think the currency should be lapis. It doesn't have much of a current use.