Elytra Plus Shift Key Activation

Discussion in 'General' started by whotton, Sep 6, 2017.

?

Shall we have the shift key (sneak) to activate elytra flight enabled?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whotton

whotton Admin Staff Member

whotton
    Hi guys,

A recent issue came up, in which I took some action that some uses have disliked, other have liked and well I figured the best way to go about it is via a good old poll.

The issue in question is the ElytraPlus shift key (sneak) to activate flight.

Some users have been unfortunate to forget they have been wearing their elytra and proceeded to die in some unfortunate way due to its activation. As we are in no way a "vanilla" server I am happy for this feature to be active (as I personally quite like it) I am happy to further document it so it is more visible to new users coming into the server that this is something that will happen should you not take the elytra off when you do not need to use it. The other alternative is it stays disabled and you use vanilla mechanics to activate elytra flight at which point you can use your shift key (sneak) to boost.

Please keep in mind I have requested the author add a /ep toggle to allow toggling of the shift key (sneak) to activate flight feature.

The Idea behind the addition, I wanted this to be a mode of transportation, a way for you all to explore the map without the need for magic carpet and without the need to be on the ground.

So thoughts?

2. kingconnortaylor

kingconnortaylor Patron

Kingconnortaylor
    I wouldn't know if it would be possible to change the key? If so, perhaps make the key something a little more uncommon for sneaking. I think it's a cool feature and has a good potential so if we can keep it with less deaths that would be a benefit.

3. Surukishi

Surukishi Patron

Surukishi
    can I vote for this one?

4. whotton

whotton
    I believe the plugin works off the sneak action itself not the key-press unfortunately. I could request the option to switch it from the sneak key to the sprint key maybe? With that being a different action, but there is no guarantee the author will be willing to make any changes for us.

5. Oniisa

Oniisa Patron

Oniisa
    a keychange would be okay with me, but removing it completely due to the negligence of some, would be very disappointing. just being aware would end all deaths completely, maybe even putting a warning message with a count down for the shift to boost flight option, would be helpful to newcomers and those forgetful souls

6. PetBunny

PetBunny Patron

PetBunny
    "other" (Space + Right Click) to launch your character into the air

7. Silverwind990

Silverwind990 New Member

Silverwind990
    Citizen
    I voted yes, though I do think that an alternitive key would be very nice. Even so I'd very much prefer to keep it on and change it if the developer can add an alternitive key. (Since we can't know if the developer can or would do that). Though I do very much support elytra+ and MC being disabled in the end, to keep challenge in the end areas.

8. popo3383

popo3383 New Member

popo3383
    Citizen
    I agree with Silver. Elytra is a great, content-unlocked convenience.

9. OJuice

OJuice New Member

Fine as is.MC is up in the air with me

Please Don't Post Piracy Links

traseeey likes this.
  10. traseeey

traseeey New Member

Fucking keep that shit hommie. If ya boy changes the way it works (adding a command like you said), implement that shit.

OJuice likes this.
  11. bluesambas

bluesambas New Member

bluesambas
    Citizen
    I second traseeey's incredibly intelligent indepth insight into the inner workings of the elytra.

whotton likes this.
  12. OJuice

OJuice New Member

nvm.Traysea is right.He is a real cool dude.His DICK must be huge!

13. theangrybuddah

theangrybuddah New Member

Keep it. if toggleable later plz add

14. whotton

whotton
    It seems like there is overwhelming support for this to remain implemented, I will be setting up some books that you receive on first join so I will detail the Elytra advancements in there as well as making it very clear on the wiki pages.

I have requested the author change the keybind or add a toggle, those with a spigot account feel free to go ahead and agree with my post to add weight to the request! - https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/1-9-1-12-elytraplus-fly-like-a-jet.136117/page-4#post-2654203

Enjoy your Elytra flight and guys, don't forget to take it off when you arent using it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.