Dark room issues.... ;-;

Discussion in 'General' started by Carter, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Carter

Carter New Member Citizen

Carter_IceWolf
    Citizen
    So I've been having issues with dark rooms for a while now...
    When we first updated to 1.1 and I built my dark room, it would have really inconsistent spawn rates. Either around 10 mobs every 30sec-minute, or 3 mobs in 50 minutes.
    I noticed some weird design choices with that dark room (followed a tutorial on YT cuz im a nub) so I tweaked it up a bit (not a whole lot tbh) and now the spawn rates are absolute garbage, not sure why... (around 1-2 mobs every 5-10 minutes when it's good, 0 mobs for 50 min when it's bad).
    Here are pictures of the current design. The old one I followed the tutorial for was the same thing, except for the main canals that pushed the mobs towards the drop hole, it was 3 wide instead of 2(I changed it because when the gap is 3 wide, having a trapdoor on the edge does nothing to trick the mob ai...) 2017-11-05_03.56.26.png 2017-11-05_03.56.48.png 2017-11-05_03.57.01.png 2017-11-05_04.03.25.png
    I've turned zombie skele and witch on (turned off spiders cuz they were annoying af) and it seemed to help a bit, but we still don't have access to creeperspawn.
    I have 64 3x3 spawn platforms (16 on each layer and 4 layers) and each platform is only 2 blocks high so endermen can't spawn.
    My killing platform is about 34 blocks down which means the top layer of mobs may not be able to move and may randomly despawn but still, the rates shouldn't be this bad when this subzone is inside a 512x512 res with monsters set to f.

Any help would be appreciated, I know Cookie and a few other players have been having this problem for a while too.

2. Carter

Carter New Member Citizen

Carter_IceWolf
    Citizen
    Also, it seems like every 30-50 min or so the spawn rates will suddenly get a little good for 2 min and the die off. The mobs that spawn from this batch have full health, but the lowest block height of my subzone is the water level, where there is no uncovered ground for mobs to spawn.I have never been so confused.